Thursday, July 24, 2008

Life is good...


El Salvador, July 21st, 2008.

Dear Friends,

Last week, I found myself with a friend at a music store trying to buy a mic stand. It was almost 6 o’clock. It was almost time for the business to close. I noticed how most of the employees were closing their desks and organizing their purses to go home. It felt like, we, the customers, were being a nuisance. They wanted to get out of there. And we were keeping them from leaving their workplace. So, there was not a good customer service for us. At that point, I started to think about my life. A few years ago, I felt the same way regarding my job. At the end of the day, I just wanted to go home. I did not have any passion for what I was doing. The sooner I could get off work the better. Now, things are a lot different. It is hard for me to stop my activities every day. I do not want to go home. I want to continue “serving my customers.” I want to continue emailing friends or people who want information about Youth with a Mission. I want to continue interpreting. I just thank God for allowing me to use my gifts to serve others. It is a great privilege to work for Him to enhance His kingdom daily. It feels good to trust Him to do His Will in my life.

Just remember, “If you want to walk on waters, you have to get out of the boat.”

Love,

Susy Ayala