Monday, July 27, 2009

Susy's Summer Adventures

Atlanta, July 14th, 2009.

Dear Friends,

I am at the Youth with a Mission (YWAM) Base in Atlanta (United States). It feels good and great being able to worship God, to hear His voice, to intercede, and to spend time of fellowship with my YWAM family.

Last Sunday, I had the privilege to share a teaching based on Matthew 14:23-32 with a Missionary Church in Robbinsville, North Carolina. This passage depicts the story of Jesus walking on waters. I learned four main points from the story.

1. Watching someone do something out of my comfort zone may be terrifying. (Jesus walking on waters).
2. Jesus is encouraging and inviting me to be where He is by doing what He is doing. (He said, "Come!")
3. I have to do my part. (Getting out of the boat).
4. I may still fall, but Jesus will be there to catch me.

Some questions to ask ourselves...

a. What does God want me to do that is out of my comfort zone?
b. Who do I need to talk to?
c. Where do I need to go?
d. What do I need to say?

Nice song to listen to...

"Oh! what would I do to have the kind of strength I need to get out of this boat I am in." Voice of Truth song by Casting Crowns.

I would appreciate your prayers as I continue my journey back to Missouri and Arkansas in the next month.

Blessings,

Susy